- These General Competition Terms and Conditions apply to all competitions run by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment.
- DEPE reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
- DEPE’s DSF 2012 Amateur Photography contest is valid from January 19 to February 1, 2012.
- The DSF 2012 Amateur Photography contest will be held on the DEPE website www.dubaievents.ae.
- DEPE reserves the right to alter/modify/cancel the above mentioned contest at any point of time and withhold results.
- Entrant must be a United Arab Emirates resident aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of DEPE and their immediate family are not permitted to enter in the competition. "Immediate family" means spouse, parent, child or sibling.
- By entering the competition, participants agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions.
- Entrant will be required to fill in all their particulars including passport number, nationality and contact details, which may be used by DEPE in the future as a way of contact by DEPE and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- DEPE reserves the right to refuse admission at all times.
- All images uploaded by participants will be reviewed by DEPE before the image/s are entered into the competition.
- Images uploaded should have been physically captured by means of photographic devices.
- Participants may be asked to reproduce images entered into the competition in printed form.
- Participants found to have engaged in unfair practices will be immediately disqualified and no communication on the matter will be entertained.
Selection and notification of winners
- The selection of winners will be based on creativity by an independent panel of judges.
- Winners will be notified by DEPE through email.
- The decisions of the jury will be final and abiding.
Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. DEPE reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
Collection of the Prize
- Collection of the prizes must be made within 10 working days after a winner is notified by email. Failure to claim a prize within this time may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Winners to pick up the prizes at DEPE Office located on Baniyas Road, previous DED building, Sunday to Thursday, between 8:30am and 3:30pm.
- The winner, in order to collect their prize, will have to bring a valid form of current UAE identity such as Emirates ID card of passport with their valid current UAE visa.
- The winner, in order to collect their prize, will have to bring a copy of the email sent by DEPE confirming that they have won.
- If the winner is not available to collect their prizes they may nominate a third party representative to collect their prize from DEPE office at the specific manner mentioned above. The representative, in order to collect their prize, will have to bring a copy of their valid passport that includes their photo, passport number and full name along with a valid copy of their current UAE visa. In addition, the representative must provide a written authorization from the winner permitting them to act as representative on their behalf as well as provide a photo copy of the winner valid passport that includes their photo, passport number and full name along with a valid copy of their current UAE visa.
DEPE reserves the right to withhold the prize should they suspect the winners are being falsely represented.
DEPE take no responsibility for any damage, injury of any kind whatsoever as a direct or indirect result of prizes or promotions offered through the DEPE’s website www.dubaievents.ae. For avoidance of doubt, the entrants shall at all times indemnify, protect, defend and hold harmless DEPE and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, from and against any loss, cause of action, lawsuit, claim and/or expense of whatsoever nature resulting or arising from the use of the mentioned website.
These General Terms and Conditions shall be executed in both Arabic and English both of which shall be deemed to be correct. In the event of any dispute in the interpretation of any of the provisions This General Terms and Conditions, the Arabic language shall prevail.
The General Terms and Conditions will be governed by the UAE law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Emirates of Dubai.